Wednesday, October 1, 2008

After one month...

I left the good ol' U.S. of A. exactly a month ago today. I'm not where I expected to be but this is amazing. I love my host family even with the whole being alone a lot thing. And I've been growing closer to God. That really helps me. And I'm reading St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Jesus for class and that really helps me. It's class assignments but mystics seem to understand better than secularists. And I'm super excited for a skype date with Greg today. I love talking to my brother and anyone back home.
Last night, Marian tried to make carrot cake for the first time. And she mixed the ingredients in the wrong order. I was trying to help her and neither one of us really knew what we were doing. So we took it out of the oven and it wasn't perfect. But it was edible. And it was pretty good for her first try. We showed it to Angel and he started making faces. I started laughing at him partially because I could tell Marian was really nervous. And because his faces were hysterical; it wasn't that bad. But he, being the fancy cheese snob that he is, wouldn't eat it. This is the man who loves eating Gouda and Camembert; I'm kind of nervous about serving him meatloaf tomorrow night. It's not fancy or anything. I like simple things, but what if they don't like it? I'm really nervous about that. But that's tomorrow. I still have to get through today.

No comments: