Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Everyone loves politics!

I'm currently hanging around campus waiting for a noon meeting with my adviser. And I'm thinking about home and people's birthdays and all that junk. But that's mostly because today is Jenny's birthday and I'm not in the U.S. to call her or anything. But hey, I did blog about it! And I remember the twins' half-birthday but that's only because once Jenny and I were on FB and we noted that they are exactly eighteen months older than her. I don't usually remember half-birthdays. But I used to think that the crystal ball in Times Square was for my half-birthday. I think half-birthdays are really more for little kids who can't make it a whole 365/366 days from one birthday to the next.
Yesterday, after lunch, I was talking to Antonia and somehow we got on the subject of U.S. Politics and she started asking me my opinion of Obama vs. McCain. She was telling me about how Europeans don't really like Bush and they see McCain as a continuation of Bush, which I guess makes sense. On the other hand, Obama is a huge change from Bush, so they like that. And he's young and he claims to be all about change. But then she was telling me about Spanish politics. She doesn't like Zapatero, the current president, because he's too liberal. Now, I don't know much about Zapatero, but I'm guessing that if she thinks he's too liberal, she would probably think Obama was too liberal too. Politics are frustrating. But I don't know of any better way to do things.
Have a wonderful hump day!

No comments: