Friday, January 1, 2010

Half a Birthday

So today is New Year's Day and my half-birthday. Last night, my parents and I went to Divine Liturgy and then out to dinner. We were joining by our long-time family friends-the S family. It was Mr. and Mrs. S, their son (Mark), his wife (Susanna), and infant daughter; and their younger daughter (Clare). At dinner, Mrs. S asked me if it was indeed the night before my half-birthday and I said yes. Clare S then told me that her mother is really bad at cutting things in half.
And then Mark reaches down and pulls out a bottle of Sprite and a Snickers bar. He hands them to me and says "Happy Half-Birthday!"
And then Susanna jokingly told me that I should give her the other half of my Snickers bar when she comes over for dinner this evening because her half-birthday was last week. I think I will.

But I got my first half-birthday present ever!
Happy 2010 to all!

No comments: