Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chicken and Mashed Potatoes: A Recipe

Betty Crocker and Julia Child and Erma What's-Her-Face-From-the-Joy-of-Cooking probably all have their own variations on this. But seeing as I came up with this today, I thought I'd share. This is part of my quest to find more lactose-free meals for myself (and future roommates and family) to eat.
The way I made this it feeds two but I'm sure that with some very simple math, it could be made to serve more.

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
1 small onion-diced
1 clove of garlic-crushed/sliced/pressed
2 tbsp parsley

3-4 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsp margarine

Boil the potatoes until they are soft. Drain the water and mash them. Mix in the margarine.
At the same time, heat the broth and mix in the onion, garlic, and parsley. When it's come to a boil, turn the heat down a little and put in the chicken breasts. Cook them thoroughly and then remove them from the broth. Put them on a plate to serve.
Take the excess broth and pour it into the potatoes. Mix the potatoes well.

Serve the meal.

Total prep time: 25-30 minutes

No comments: