Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, I've given in...

Ladies and Gentlemen of the press. Drop whatever you are doing; it probably isn't really that important. You can facebook stalk your Great-Aunt Geraldine tomorrow; she'll still be watching Fred Astaire movies and drinking vodka shots.
Much greater news has happened upon you.
And no, it's not Barack Obama's admission that he was black BEFORE he was elected to the presidency.
It's bigger, better, and makes more people laugh.

Last Tuesday, I went to Amazon.com (shameless plug for them; they should pay me for that one) and purchased two books: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and the newly released Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I also bought the soundtrack to the movie Newsies but that's irrelevant.
The books arrived over the weekend and I'm now 90-odd pages into P&P&Z.
So what do I think of it? READ IT!!!
Buy, sell, run, fly...do whatever you must...but it's a must read. It makes a great book even funnier.

And maybe someday I'll write a blog post about how the use of zombies in the novel reflects the status quo role of women in the Regency-era marriage market.
Or maybe I'll save that for my doctoral dissertation.

No comments: