Thursday, December 4, 2008

Moments with the kids

Well, I only have 11 days left with my munchkins. Soon I'll no longer be the oldest of three children but the youngest of two again.
So now I will share some humorous tales of my little siblings.
Monday night, Daniela asked me where I lived. "You don't live here," she said. "In your house, where do you live? What floor is your apartment on?"
Umm...if I don't live here, what have I been doing for the past three months? Is this a really long vacation or something? I'm just curious.
Then I had to explain that I don't live in an apartment building. I live in a house.

Last night, I was in the kitchen eating peanut butter out of the jar when Gabriel walked in on me. He asked me what I was doing and then dragged me back into the play room where he had been playing with Carol. I explained that I was eating peanut butter and gave him a small taste. He loved it and he wanted more. It was grand.

During dinner, Daniela asked me if I lived in America or near America. She told me that she has an aunt who lives in New York, near America. I tried to explain everything but I'm not sure she understood at all.

I have to write a paper and a summary for next week. And I have exams next week. But then this adventure ends. It really has been a "ratico," a brief moment.
But while I will miss some of the people here, I'm really ready to go home. I miss UCO...and other things too. I miss petting animals.

No comments: