Saturday, August 22, 2009

Random Notes and Quotes

First off, I am hereby admitting that I am obsessed with knitting and crocheting. I need more yarn money and I want to finish my current knitting project-it only needs one more skein-so I can start on my first crocheted sweater. And I'm already crocheting a pair of socks for my dear friend, Lynne. Oh, and then there's a sweater I want to crochet too. But I need to buy new needles first.
I have a problem. I know it.

Secondly, I have news on the migraine front. I've been taking Imitrex-as mentioned in a previous post-for the past 17 or 18 months. It kills the migraines but makes the Cecilia sick. A few weeks ago, I started losing my memories. I would take the meds and keep doing things just to get through the nausea. But when I woke up the next morning, I had no memory of any of it. I mentioned this to my friend, Kyle, about a week and a half ago. He asked me if I had talked to my doctor about it yet and I said no. Well, yesterday I did...and they're taking me off the memory-destroyer and they're putting me on something that hopefully won't kill the memories.

Thirdly, I heard my friend Sam say this a few days ago:
"So Christina, Fr. Mark told us today that Obama isn't necessarily the AntiChrist. Like, he could be but it's not definite."
Someone else asked Sam if he was upset and he responded "Yeah, kinda."

I spent August 9-18 at Campus Outreach Academy, leadership training for University Christian Outreach. (This was where I overheard Sam and Christina talking.) One morning, Christina walked into the bathroom where I was getting ready and announced, "I'm Louis Quatorze."
I guess the Sun King is her favorite European monarch. For my part, I defended Ludwig the Mad.

No comments: