Friday, January 30, 2009

A crocheted post

If I could crochet you a post, I would. But I have no clue how that would be possible. So you'll just have to take this typed post...if anyone even reads this thing anymore.
But speaking of crocheting, it's one of the things consuming my life these days. I have two pregnant friends who are due in the next few months and I've promised to make both of them baby blankets. Both couples have decided not to find out the sex of their babies. Now, I knew going into all of this that Susanna wasn't going to find out. And I was fine with that. I was more than willing to make her a yellow blanket (with green accents). In fact, I'm working on that blanket right now and I'm loving it. It's such a pretty pattern and I'm so excited to send it to Susanna and know that she and her husband and their baby will all be able to enjoy the blanket.
But then Christina told me that she wasn't finding out what she was having either. And there went all of my plans/dreams for a pink and purple or pink and green or blue and green (no blue and yellow; they're MSU fans in that family) blanket. It would have to be green with yellow accents. Now that's fine. But I really want to make a pretty baby girl blanket or an adorable baby boy blanket.
Maybe I should just start making blankets in advance and giving them to people after their babies are born.

No comments: