Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm going to miss Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...I'm sad. Monday, I'll give you a report on our Thanksgiving dinner that we're having tonight.
I'm also missing watching the Lions lose for the millionth time. This is the greatest tragedy of my young life and we're all weeping and wailing over it.

Last night, we bought peanut butter, jelly, and bread as well as chips and salsa and then took them to Lit class. And we had sandwiches in class. It was beautiful. This morning I had more for breakfast. It was amazing.

Yesterday, one of the guys in my Spanish culture class brought his mom who is visiting for the week to visit our class. She speaks Spanish, if you're curious. So we were discussing the fact that Spaniards do not move out of their parents' houses until they're in their thirties. Apparently, a look of horror overtook Mrs. Nate's Mom's face. He patted her arm and smiled. "Don't worry, Mama," he said in Spanish. "I'm not going to do that."
Don't worry, Mamma. I'll be completely out of your house as soon as I can afford to pay rent my own apartment/house.

Do not mistake me for someone who is staying.
But I'll be home in 18 days.

No comments: